QuickBooks error PS077 pops up when the users try to update their payroll tax table. Thus, the users can not pay employees or file taxation reports without updating the tax table. Several reasons, such as invalid components in the folder, damaged company files, obsolete billing info, installation errors, etc, cause QuickBooks error code ps077.
In this blog, we will thoroughly discuss how to troubleshoot QuickBooks desktop error ps077.
If you are unable to utilize QuickBooks payroll services due to the update error ps077, contact our ProAdvisors. These expert professionals will guide you to fix the error and get your QuickBooks working smoothly. Dial TFN +1-(855)-955-1942!
Reasons For QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS077
When users face QuickBooks error ps077, they cannot update the tax table. A dialogue box appears on their windows, displaying the message:
“A user has not registered QuickBooks software or the Company file is damaged or corrupted.”
However, you might not get the error message sometimes, but your system might freeze or run slowly. Here are the numerous reasons that can lead to QuickBooks payroll update error PS077:
- Incorrect billing information
- Yet to register for QuickBooks software
- QuickBooks Payroll or components have damaged files
- Outdated billing information or expired
- Damaged or corrupt company files
- QuickBooks cannot access the registered software.
You may want to know about QB issue: QuickBooks payroll not working.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Error PS077
Before you troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop error PS077, ensure a few things:
- Ensure that your subscription to the payroll services is active
- Correct billing information is entered in QuickBooks
- Update your QuickBooks version to the recent one
- Ensure that QuickBooks company files are backed up
- Ensure that your desktop has only one version of QuickBooks
Once you are done with these checks, go through these troubleshooting methods below to fix QuickBooks error PS077:
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and press F2 to see the product information
- Check the license status beside the number and ensure that it is active
- If it is not happening, register QuickBooks Desktop
Now, carry out these steps in order:
- Remove all the additional versions of QuickBooks Desktop, excluding one
- Reset QuickBooks Update
- Download the tax table update again and sort the lists
- Run Verify Data and Rebuild utility again
- Navigate to Selective Startup and clean install or reinstall QB Desktop
If the above methods don’t fix QuickBooks payroll update error ps077, run Quick Fix my Program from the Tool Hub.
After the repair process, relaunch QuickBooks Desktop and open the data file. Now, attempt to download the tax table.
The above methods shall guide you on troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error ps077 for you. After these solutions, run the QuickBooks Desktop application, and update the payroll tax table. However, contact a Technical expert if you still face the update error ps077 in QuickBooks. Self-diagnosis and troubleshooting are risky without subject knowledge and can risk losing company files and business data. Contact our support team at TFN +1-(855)-955-1942, who will guide you to resolve these issues and get your QB Desktop working smoothly now.
Recommended to read: Unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks-Know How To Fix It